Saturday, April 6, 2013

Starlene in the house....

[House guest] about bulling I transferred schools during the fourth grade. This was AGES ago. But, it was a small school, only eight girls in the grade. And there was only one of each grade in the whole school. I got a great education, but the kids hated me. At the time, I loved heavy metal, the rest of the school liked pop music. This was, apparently, a reason to torture me for four long years. I gained fifty pounds between fourth and sixth grades. I had a perfect home life and never told my parents what ws happening. Although, in seventh grade, I told my friend I had a shotgun and was going to kill myself, the principal caame to the house, but nothing was done. In eight grade, when we were all choosing what we should put in the yearbook as who we would be when we grew up, I remember the boys saying I should be Mt. Fuji (she was a HUGE character on a spin-off of the WWF, called GLOW-Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling). The worst part was remembering my eighth grade teacher laughing along with them. This was probably one of the bigget reasons I chose to become a teacher, to help others not have to withstand what I did. The other reason was the I went to a catholic high school. I was in a creative writing class and was told to write on a controversial topic. I wrote I believed in euthanasia. While I was being called into the principal's office, the creative writing teacher said I had mental issues stemming from my father's death, and no one should talk to me anymore. My mother removed me from school the next day, but that damage was also done. I plan to go back to teeaching next year. I always want to top the bullying

No comments:

Post a Comment